Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"I've never noticed that being a woman is a handicap or a plus. I am a woman and there are men and we climb together. Sometimes I'm stronger, sometimes they're stronger — we motivated each other." - Robyn Erbesfield

"Rocks make no compromise for sex... rock climbing is not like some sports, where it is made easier for women; or sports like, say, softball, which is only baseball for soft people. On a rock, everything is equal." - Beverly Johnson



Above is a picture of Maxamilian Barlerin and me at Shelf Road, Colorado doin a little climbing in an area known as "The Incredible Hulk." This was my first over-night climbing trip and left my hands raw and fingers bloody at the end of the three fabulous days.


Let it be known climbing is finding inhabitance in the nooks and crannies of my life. It has found its way into that calluses of my hands, into my dreams where I contimplate how I could have reached that last sloper better to rep-point that route, and into where I'd like to intern next. I have applied to Climbing and Women's Adventure magazines, hoping to use a two growing passions to benefit each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment