Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's not what you knon, it's who you know


So my blog has taken a backburner recently, as internship, school and climbing have taken over my life.


Let's being with the internship:

Recently I feel stuck between accomplishment and glass ceiling. The stories I have produced and the trust my editors have given me make me feel really good. It takes dedication, a good thesaurus, good motivation, and a lot of coffee to be a journalist -- I have found out -- and I think I have what it takes. I remember sitting in some introductory journalism courses and professors would talk about how fast-paced and intense a career in journalism can be...but that is what fuels me really. I like to work hard. In the daily newspaper business you work hard with a very quick return. The next day your article sits in newsprint next to your bowl of cereal. Pretty quick.


Yet, I feel that glass ceiling of the end of an internship. As my final weeks approach I already wish I had done more. Taken on a bigger chunck. Chewed harder. But I guess that is a good way to feel; it will propel me into my next endeavor - internship/job. I want to keep doing these things I am doing, and will, eventually, work past this glass ceiling feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment