Sunday, February 1, 2009

and now for internship

And now back to my purposeful blog.

Interning week 4.

Had the busiest Saturday to-date with three distinct stories for the Sunday paper running me for 12 hours from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.

The stories included:
- a junior high inventor's fair
- a "green recovery" environmentalists talk with Reps. Randy Fischer and John Kefalas
- a Hip-Hop Expo for the "Down for Life" tobacco free life campaign.

Today I am attending Rep. Betsy Markey's opening of the first of four congressional district offices as well as doing a colorful story on what people are doing for the Superbowl --> I haven't followed professional football this entire year, it's going to be hard to all of a sudden write something about it.

....but....should be fun....


As for how things are going. It's definitely been a challenge working in the newsroom 3 days a week. It is hard to balance a life in Boulder and a life in Fort Collins at times, and it really has made doing laundry a hassel (oh wait, I haven't done laundry since December (no joke).)

But the experience has been exceptional. I wish that I worked when a few more people were in the newroom in order to get some better connections and friendships along the way, but, I guess you take what you can get and make the most out of that.

I do try to establish relationships when I can, I concisouly say hi and how are you to people in the newsroom when there are people in the newsroom.

Finding your article in newsprint on the front doorstep (or your neighbor's in my case), though, is definitely something that makes a lasting impression. All my hard work the day before lies neatly folding on my neighbor's doorstep each morning -- where I steal the paper read my articles over breakfast (and the rest of the news that interests me) and then put it back on her doorstep. It is a good feeling. An accomplished feeling.

Ta da.
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment