Monday, August 10, 2009

cleaning my desk

It's almost time for me to clean my desk.

I only have one day, and one part day, left with my internship with the Daily Camera. My Monday ends in about an hour and a half.

Then my Tuesday begins one hour early at 1 p.m. tomorrow with a good-bye intern lunch. It ends sometime that night depending on how things go, probably somewhere at about 10 or 11 p.m.

And then it's: Jean Spencer, student at the University of Colorado. Not: Jean Spencer, reporter with the Daily Camera.

Last week, as Friday's shift came to a dark end at about 9 p.m. our editor, Kevin Kaufman asked me what the three most important things I've learned through this internship were and I answered (to the best of my recall-without-notes-ability):
  1. You can write about things you want to write about if you are a good thinker
  2. The night cops shift is better when you prioritize your time better
  3. Not talking to all the people (meaning all the sources possibly involved with the story) doesn't cut it.
He then asked me what my best experience was during this internship and I answered (to the best of my recall-without-notes-ability):
  • Chasing the bear with Paul Aiken, our photo editor, in a dress in the middle of the night in the mountains.
More later. Much love and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment