Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New internship

Well, I've slipped to the bottom of the totem pole.

As a fresh intern in a new newsroom I don't have any of the respect or trust I earned with the Coloradoan.

It will take a while to establish myself here, take a while for me to feel comfortable in this environment.

Yesterday I was assigned a petty story on University of Colorado classes available to the public on on weekends dubbed CU on the Weekend (real clever name, eh?). It didn't really have any news value, I didn't think. The classes are already underway, the summer session kicked off last Saturday so we missed the timeliness aspect....etc. Nevertheless I tried to produce something worthwhile, put in some good verbs and catchy sentences. In the end I don't feel too bad about it.

It will be interesting trying to get myself established. A hard road, but an important journey.

Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment